Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Now that I've alienated the few readers I had by failing to update for days and days, I'll resume blogging. It's sort of like a new slate, almost. But it beats the hell out of starting over.

It's so easy to fall into a routine. Easy easy easy. I've been at my job for just over two weeks now (or is it three? ah, the days, they just bleed together), and today I caught myself in a rut. ALREADY! Morning: show up more or less in nick of time, wipe off sweat from biking or very-fast walking. Morning plus 10 minutes: wrap up email/blog surfing, start working. Choose CD from among pile in desperate need of upgrade. Work. Morning plus 2hours, 30 minutes: break. More work. Lunch. Afternoon: choose music from web-radio stations. Work. Afternoon plus 2 hours 30 minutes: break. Walk around lobby. Work, leave. Repeat M-F.

Well, it beats being unemployed.

I'm really digging my job, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to blog at work, so until I get a fly new laptop with wireless internet, probably I'll be limited in yet another way (ie: not as much blogging). But hell, since nobody's reading anyway, no big deal.

So the 3d Circuit wants to analogize law students to boy scouts. Or more directly: law schools to the BSA. Whatever. I'm not alone in my skepticism.

So here's the last topic of the fortnight (apart from my interjection here re: my first attempt at cross country skiiing. It was dope...): Last week I sent an email in response to an ad for a litigation position that was posted on the state bar's website. They listed a contact person, so I emailed her. I figured I'd not get a response, so I wrote in that I would follow up this week. I followed up yesterday, asking for the materials they want from applicants, a contact to whom the materials should be addressed, and have a nice day. So today, I got a totally cheesy auto-reply email that said basically, "we reviewed your materials, you look awesome, sorry the position has been filled." And I was sort of offended there for a second, because I'd just been patronized by a freakin' auto-reply email. Nobody reviewed my materials, because I never got to send them in. Nobody was impressed by my skill set, and for once, it wasn't my skill set's fault. So, note to law firm X: your HR person is a slacker, and in my humble opinion, it reflects poorly on your firm. Yes, MAYBE you got millions of emails, but duh, that's what happens when you list one.

Anyway, it's time to go cook the chicken.

1 Comments:

Blogger SuperBiff said...

Eh.. you know what I say.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em.. F*ck em..

December 5, 2004 at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home