Thursday, January 06, 2005

I have a friend who recently became a father. He's a unique kind of friend of mine. Very reserved, confident, very, very smart. Like me, he's a little frustrated with the job market. Unlike me, he's now got a lot more riding on his prospects. So tonight in conversation, he made a point I've been trying to make to people about where I'm at, job-wise. He's had the very same thought as me, and he explained it in the same terms I've used in trying and failing to communicate the concept to others. I think that's what makes us friends--not only do we often (not always) think along similar lines, but we communicate them out the same way, too. I really value that in someone. It's nice to have around. The other cool thing about this guy is, once someone described him as hip like a hipster. That was shouted down by a lot of us, including his beloved. He took the shouting down in stride (I think he may also have contributed to it) but the more I think about it, the more I think it's an apt description.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home